Using a combination of text and videos we walk you through the following:
- Choosing and buying a domain name
- Choosing and buying a hosting plan
- How to install WordPress the right way
- Introduction to the WordPress dashboard
- What plugins you should use and how to install them
- What themes you should use and how to install them
- How to configure the settings
- How to configure the plugins
- How to set up a theme
- How to create pages and add content (words and pictures) to your site
Most of these can be done in a few hours, even by a beginner!
The most time-consuming part is coming up with the content!
As part of the above lessons, you will also learn:
- How to add links to your social media account to your site
- What keywords are and why they are important
- What SEO is and basic website optimization
- How to create a contact form
- How to add a subscription form to your website from 3 different email services
- What a widget in WordPress is, and how to use them
- How to create and arrange a menu (the navigation, tabs, buttons) on your site.
- What a shortcode is and how to use them.
What this is not:
This is not private coaching. This is not a Q and A forum nor a place to have an expert troubleshoot your site for free. I encourage members to submit questions if instructions are not clear, but generally will not provide user-specific answers. If my instructions are unclear I will either write further instructions or provide additional videos. I definitely want feedback!